Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Perspective

This is bound to sound whiny.

I haven't been able to get to computer for any length of time recently due to end of school activities and Memorial day and all. But, maybe a more accurate reason would be the constant chaos that surrounds me. Thank God for the gift of multitasking, for with that gift I am able to juggle: two arguing teens, one four year old's constant curiosity, one cat in need of petting, all while talking on the phone. I can't seem to squeeze the computer time in though. Not the non-work computer time, that is.

Now for the not whiny part. I got word today about the unexpected death of an 8th grader. I don't know the young man who died but the news fell heavily on my heart. I grieve for his parents and in his honor I celebrate the constant chaos at my house. My kids are here, healthy and happy (though they don't always realize this) at least for now. I will cherish this time. I will squeeze the stuffing out of them at every opportunity and tell them I love them, even in front of their friends.

It's often all in your perspective isn't it?

No comments: