Tuesday, May 8, 2007

God is not great?

I wish I was more intelligent. I wish I could have an intelligent discussion with Christopher Hitchens about the existence of God. I wish I could do it without annoying him.

How do I wrap my brain around those who will not believe as I do, putting aside the fact that most of those who wear the label "Christian" disagree on specifics. A great guy and minister once said. "I don't care if you believe what I do, I don't care what you believe, but I do care that you know why you believe what you do." That was Chris Bullard. (Chris died last September, way too young.) That is how I want to be. It is a worthy goal but one that has eluded me so far. Maybe if I jettison a lot of the unnecessary junk clogging up my brain I can make some headway. Anyone have any tips for decluttering the brain?


1 Peter 3:15
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect