Saturday, January 20, 2007

Thanks Oprah

The other night I was laying in bed sick at 9:00 P.M. My 15 year old was next to me doing his homework. I was watching Oprah. She was interviewing the family of the 15 year old young man who'd been missing for four years. I looked over at my 15 year old and imagined what it would be like if I hadn't seen him for four years. I started crying because I just couldn't imagine it. I'm not that tearful a person but that one really got to me so I took advantage of the moment. I tried to appreciate his 15 year oldness and the fact that he was there next to me so casually doing his homework. I know I take my kids for granted. I know I don't fully appreciate the miracles that I've been entrusted with. BUT. I am grateful that our life is such that I am able to take them for granted. I'll just try not to do it so often.

No comments: