Wednesday, January 24, 2007

If it weren't for the people...

Frustration. Is it my purpose in life to discover and appreciate what all these other people are for? What am I supposed to think? Emergent Church? Health and Prosperity gospel? King James Only? No instrumental music? Earth is only 10,000 years old? Global warming? Tongues? Healing? Immersion only Baptism? Mary? Works? Grace? All of these, and more, in one form or another I have had to work through, around, over and under to get to what I think I believe about God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, the Bible and eternal Life.

I thought it was supposed to be simple.

I know we are supposed to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. I know why. All the know-it-alls and naysayers make me fear and tremble.

I come up against this time and time again. I think I have a grasp on my own beliefs then I am made to feel like I'm either lacking or adding to, and therefore, unworthy. It's like trying to hold on to one of those plastic gel filled tube toys they sell at all the amusement parks. The firmer my grasp the faster it slips from my fist. And yet the naysayers all seem so rock solid in their beliefs.

I know the answer, I do. Keep my eyes on the prize and like the Bereans figure it out for myself. Then what do I need with all these people and their aggravation? I'm seriously asking.

No comments: