Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Grown up vs Old

Things that make me feel all grown up:
  1. listening to NPR
  2. reading the newspaper
  3. drinking black coffee
  4. going to movies with subtitles
  5. staying up late to watch Charlie Rose
  6. listening to a Dvorak symphony
Things that my kids say make me old.
  1. All of the above
  2. My everlasting love of Barry Manilow
I say it's a matter of perspective, I mean, I can recite all the lyrics to "My Humps". Somehow my children aren't impressed, especially when I serenade their father in their presence. I just don't know.

The point of this post however is to work up to a commitment I've made. I've agreed to go running with my daughter, every day, more or less. More likely it will be a fast walk punctuated by wailing and gnashing of teeth. One thing is for sure though. It will surely make me feel my age.

Updates to follow.

No comments: