Monday, December 31, 2007

One more for 07

Summing up the year the cheap way, with a meme. Answers in blue.

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before? Witnessed the Jayhawks beat the living snot out of the Huskers.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't even remember making a resolution last year. This year I resolve not to forget my resolution. My resolution is not to buy any more shirts that are too small for my freakishly long body and even more freakishly wide shoulders and long arms, just because they are on clearance.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Just missed this. My baby sister had a baby last New Year's Eve. Happy B-day baby C!

4. Did anyone close to you die? My Grandma.

5. What countries did you visit? Marioland, Babyland, Christamas land, Lava land, Spongebob land, Ad infinitum. All courtesy of a four year old's imagination. Oh, and Texas (for real).

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? More energy

7. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Mural painting.

8. What was your biggest failure? I wish I would have stood up stronger to a certain jerk of a human. Oh and I wish I were more forgiving.

9. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nope

10. What was the best thing you bought? My French press.

11. Where did most of your money go? With three teens in the house, food.

12. What did you get really, really, really excited about? The season premier of Heroes. How pathetic.

13. Compared to this time last year, are you:
 a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer? a) happier. b)the same. c)poorer, we are paying for insurance for two teen boy drivers.

14. What do you wish you’d done more of? Dating my husband. Getting my bible study done daily instead of cramming it all in on the last day of the week (I am getting better at this). Actively participating in the four year old's games. Spending time alone with each of my kids. Non computer artwork.

15. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worrying.

16. What was the best book you read? This was a year of reading books so I could read them before the movie. More often than not I never make it to the movie. I just finished reading Atonement. I has really gotten under my skin. I was often frustrated while reading this book because it requires a level of attention that I'm barely capable of at the moment. I'm also not quite sure I agree that there was any actual "atonement" made in the plot. I can't get the story out of my mind though. I think it was written beautifully in sometimes agonizing detail and self reflection. It contains the most fantastically accurate description of a migraine that I have ever read. I'm undecided about seeing the movie. I'll probably rent it.

17. What did you want and get? A tall table for my kitchen

18. What did you want and not get? A vacation in San Diego.

19. What kept you sane? Prayer, my own and others. Breathing. Smiling.

20. Who did you miss? I really missed my Grandma at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Happy New Year Interwebs!