Sunday, December 9, 2007

If the Angels Created a Metal Band

I think it would sound pretty much like Trans-Siberian Orchestra. It is a commonly known fact, as any fan of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure can tell you, that symphonic music + metal = eargasm. Sorry to be indelicate but there it is. My magnificent husband surprised me one day (in October) with tickets to this year's concert. If you are unfamiliar with their music perhaps you have seen this video that made the rounds last year, or the year before. The music is TSO's Wizards in Winter. Honestly, I prefer to feel my Christmas Carols. Feel them as a driving beat in my gut. Look, I know this doesn't really wash with my attitude from a few posts back about mall music but let me back pedal a little bit. It's all about the venue. Loud music while shopping? bad. Loud music in a 15,000 seat auditorium? good. And lights, lots and lots of lights. Strobe, laser, spot, pyrotechnics and spewing flames, all good.

Here is a crudcam photo of me and my husband in our awesome seats. We got bumped from our back of the auditorium seats to the floor, twelve rows back center stage. Insane.
Here is a crudcam video of the finale. Note the bald head right in front of me reflecting the breathtaking lightshow.



If they are ever in your neighborhood it is a show well worth the price of a ticket.