Monday, January 28, 2008

What Were We Thinking? Thinking Had Nothing To Do With It.

Roughly eighteen years ago someone at the hospital handed me this....

(our firstborn, aka, Cap'n Jean Luc Picard)

and sent me home without a clue.

Now, nearly two decades later, through trial and error and by the grace of God we've ended up with a mighty fine human being. He's still a work in progress, of course, but so far so good.

Henceforth the seventeen-year-old shall be referred to as the eighteen-year-old. Happy birthday my firstborn.

1 comment:

Shalee said...

They lost my manual at the hospital too... with both models! They were nothing alike either so what I learned with the first didn't apply to the second. Gah!

Happy birthday to Jean-Luc. I've got a bottle with your name on it at my house. Call me when you need it and I'll help empty it, oh mother of a son who can now vote.